Tuesday 5 February 2013

This is 40

Bullseyes:  ③ (out of 5)
Yeah I know, what's Ben doing watching a safe, date night chick flick. But hey - it was Christmas – what else am I supposed to do?

There's good chemistry in this flick with Paul Rudd and that girlie from that other movie I can’t remember. And lots of good comic moments. It's a bit long though. And the whole two-car enormous house setting bothered me. Why do these movies always have to be set in enormous pristine white houses with two brand new cars? What’s wrong with a downtown row house and a Nissan? Or an apartment and a bus pass? And the main characters always work at these generic white collar jobs like a teacher and we somehow are supposed to believe they can afford to live like this. I didn’t have any sympathy for their financial predicament in the end because of their damned fiscal irresponsibility! Mark Carney would be appalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment