Tuesday 5 February 2013

Silver Linings Playbook

Bullseyes:  ④ (out of 5)
I watched this movie a couple of weeks ago during my lunch break, by myself. Again. I don’t know why I can’t get anyone to go to the movies with me – is there something I should know? Anyway I called my friend Dee and she told me to go see it because it was between this and Lincoln and, well, it’s a lunch break not a lunch week…
Silver Linings Playbook is a lovely little movie about mental illness, something we all have. I found it nice to watch a bunch of A list Hollywood fancy pants playing roles which made them look unattractive for once and not like Tom Cruise adjusting his sunglasses or Ben Affleck taking his shirt off for no f****g reason.
Good looks AND a six pack? Why am I so inadequate…?
There’s a great scene where Bradley Cooper can’t find his wedding video at 3am in the morning. He’s wailing at his Mum and his Dad (Robert DiNero), tearing the house apart. The police are called, the neighbour’s yell, dogs bark - basically it’s like bedtime at the Bulls.
Chris Tucker is great too as another mentalist, along with OCD afflicted Robert DiNero.
The fact that I could identify so much with all these unbalanced actors is a bit worrying I suppose but hey – what’s so great about being normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment