Sunday 6 July 2014

Non Stop

Bullseyes:  ③ (out of 5)

Didn’t I write a review for this already? Christ I have to start keeping up. I’m not a very good blogger. The internet is a pain.

Non Stop is about Liam Neilson getting drunk whilst trying to save a plane. It starts with the stock ooh-my-marriage-and-my-life-are-unraveling footage. You know the shots: Flask of whisky, Stubbled chin, nasty phone call with the wife… Yeah yeah, your life is unravelling we get it. You’ve got nothing left to lose.

Fortunately this nonsense doesn’t take up too much of our time and soon we are up in the air scratching our heads along with Air Marshall Neilson who struggles to understand why he keeps getting texts about unexploded bombs…(curiously we never do get to find out how they pulled this off).

The ending winds down weakly. The CGI crash at the end is crap. It’s like watching a black and white disaster movie – c'mon Dorothy, call that a tornado? The plane crash from Alive – filmed 20 years before – was better than this. Also, the bombers motivation is ludicrous. Something about not enough terrorism and maintaining jobs for homeland security…? Yeah right.

I can’t remember what else happens because, like I said, it was a long time ago and I’m not a very good blogger.


No comments:

Post a Comment